Wednesday, December 5, 2012

And the manager, too.



Tonight is our agency holiday party. That means I'll be spending three hours this evening trying to convince a constant stream of adults with excited children to stand in an astoundingly long registration line instead of just bolting for the arcade and the roller rink, which will be their natural instinct. My fellow employees and I were instructed to either eat dinner before the event, or we could buy food (yes, they're going to let us buy food!) at the event venue. Being familiar with both the prices and quality of this venue's food, I immediately began planning to find food somewhere off-site.

I Googled McDonald's restaurants near the venue (does that tell you how bad the venue's food is? Because it should), and found one just about a mile down the street. So I think that's my place. However, I did the responsible thing and read the Google user reviews for that particular restaurant, and was very troubled to read:

"All the employees n, manager 2 never smile bored people ...I never back"

If I am understanding this comment correctly, this McDonald's is not a fun place to work. Not only that, but  the employees' stupor somehow is passed to the customers, making the entire experience so awful that they are vowing never to return. At least, I think that's what this guy is saying. I won't get a chance to ask him tonight, though, because he never back. I noticed that he did rate the establishment's decor as "very good", though.

To prove I did my due diligence, I will quickly dissect the other two Google user reviews for this McDonald's:

1. User Luis Montanez rated the food, decor and service as "poor to fair", adding "Service sucks." He did, however, note that he liked "Karina young gal." So that's weird. Here is a picture of Luis.

 "Food hmmm good" wrote Luis, in a Google
user review for a different McDonald's.

According to his Google user profile, he is a frequent patron of a variety of restaurants, and as of last month was "Going to register for school" at The Barber School in Midvale, Utah. The internet is a ridiculous place.

2. User "A Google user" gave the restaurant a "good" overall rating, and liked "Food, I told them to make that s*** right or my husband who is in the air force would beat the s*** out of him." I hope I run into this lady tonight, because she sounds lovely. As does her husband.





No comments: