Friday, April 1, 2011

Sandwich

Oh no. Dang. Everything is terrible. This is really, really bad. This is not going to jive when I take it downtown. April fools'! Everything's good. I have a sandwich!







And Sven and I moved Kristen's desk around so she couldn't slide her legs in under it, and replaced her pictures of her nieces and nephews with these pictures. And then we told everyone in the office about it and left to get lunch like idiots. So of course when I came back and took a drink from my water bottle which I had left open on my desk (idiot!), I filled my mouth with Indian Ocean-grade salt water. Still didn't ruin my sandwich, though.

The funny thing about April Fools' Day (besides the question of where the apostrophe belongs in "fools'", that always threw me off) is that many people just use it as an excuse to lie. I don't mean maliciously, but just as a joke. That's the form their pranking takes. Like ladies who get pictures of ultrasounds off the internet and tell their husbands they are pregnant. "April fools', honey!" they say.

But that's just how I roll every day. Everything is just a big joke to me. So for April Fools' Day to have any special meaning for me, I need to do something relatively big, like turn someone's desk around (compared to just fabricating a pregnancy, that is big). Not that I usually do. Most years, my April Fools' Day is spent nervously looking out for someone to pull a mean prank on me. I'm always slightly worried that there will be one guy at the gas station or the bank or something who will think a great April Fools' Day joke is to just punch me in the ear. So in light of that possibility, today has been a pretty good April Fools'. I committed a small turn of japery, and was paid back in kind. And nobody at the sandwich place laid a finger on me. I do still have to go to the gas station, though.



1 comment:

childishkim said...

Was that Kristen? Who salted up your water? Did G-money tell you that i made sure my door was locked when he left....
I was SO close to stealing your mouse when i saw that you were gone.... but i'm nice :)